Sunday, February 04, 2007

SPARK

Been working with a programme called spark run by the axis centre out in Ballymun. It's definitely one of the best things I've ever worked on. Spark places artists in schools teaching them everything from ethnic drumming to mosaic to photography (me) to animation and musical theatre. The kids are deadly, so enthusiastic and full of ideas. The kids all made documentaries and giving them back their photos this week was the best feeling ever. They were so full of excitement looking at their photos and I knew they were getting the same buzz that makes me love photography so much. This is a collage I made of some photos we took in class to give them a few ideas for their own stuff. Their documentaries are incredible...I expected them to be good but they're so amazing. It will all be exhibited in the celebration week.....in two weeks I think.


No comments: