Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I LOVE TRACKING ORDERS


Ordered myself the cutest little lomographic camera from the B&H store in New York, a crazy chocolate factory for photographers, staffed only by sweet Hasidic Jewish men with long long beards and big smiles. I walk round that store in a daze, it's huge, I mean HUUUUUUUGE and when you buy your camera they put it on this little travelator thing that whisks it off above your head and zooms around the store to the cash desk where you collect it. Wandering round that store is such fun, all the zooming cameras above your head and everything you could ever dream of relating to photography. They also have little refreshment tables all round with lemonade and sweets and little pretzels.
So I ordered my camera, oh my it's so cute. It's a little compact film camera with a fish eye lense. I got it for my documentary in Spain in april with Niamh on her walk to Santiago. Aoife in Brazil got me to order her one too. I just logged on to check my order and they give full details of where our cameras are. They started their little journey in New York and then they hit some adverse weather conditions but now they're in Philadelphia. How exciting.
P.S I changed my blog design by mistake and don't know how to change it back, please help.

5 comments:

UnaRocks said...

what a cute camera!

Glen Hansard does that walk every year...

Abu said...

I'm sure Niamh will be delighted. Someone to shaker her stick at.

Anonymous said...

awesome! but i still dont know what lomographic means. and is underexposed too much light or too little light? arrrgh its blurry

Abu said...

well I thought lomographic meant a camera with a few lenses...ya know the ones that make those sequence photees. But then this has only one lense...so I think lomographic means deadly fun cameras...
And underexposed is too little light Lileeeeee.
oh and update: UPS tried to deliver my cameras at 14.15 on friday but I was out! They'll attempt a second delivery monday at the same time. eeeeeh!

Anonymous said...

These are GREAT little cameras.

Slap in a roll, and try only shooting from the hip...

Ten rules of Lomography:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lomography